Welcome to the second in a suite of 4 courses that covers the subject of Palliative Care. In this comprehensive suite of programmes, you will cover the following 4 elements:
- Understanding the Meaning of Palliative Care
- Supporting a Person's Needs in a Palliative Care Context
- Supporting Physical Care Needs within Palliative Care
- Care During the Final hours of Life and Bereavement Care
This particular programme will provide a better understand the 'Whole Person' approach to Palliative Care and in addition, you will be able to consider ways to effectively develop your communication skills and support a person with both their emotional and social needs.
Finally, you will learn how to respect a person’s religious, spiritual and cultural needs.
Upon completion of this course, you will therefore understand:
- a ‘whole person’ approach to Palliative Care
- communication skills in the context of Palliative Care
- the techniques for supporting a person with their emotional needs
- techniques for supporting a person with their social needs
- How to support a person’s spiritual, religious and cultural needs