As we live in a culturally diverse society and come into contact with people from all different backgrounds both in our local communities and in the workplace, it is important to understand that no two people are the same. By understanding and embracing diversity enables the creation of an inclusive environment that supports both the individual and the organisation.
Increases in discrimination claims can mean every organisation will need to take equality and diversity very seriously. There is a compelling legal, business and ethical need for training, as equality claims involving direct and indirect discrimination, harassment and bullying are rising in terms of scale and number.
This course offers a structured and flexible approach that helps to meet training objectives and raises awareness to the importance of equality and diversity throughout the workforce and wider community. Not only will this course help to change attitudes and shape cultural values but it will also provide individuals with information that will help to underpin effective working relationships, adding value to the service individual's offer to both colleagues and customers.
What will be explored is:
- Equality and diversity in a place of employment and the wider community.
- Why promoting equality and diversity in the workplace and the wider community is important.
- Legislation relating to equality & diversity.
- Where to get information about equality & diversity.
- Creating a diverse environment.
- Promoting policies and procedures.
- Diversity and different communities.