This programme is fourth and the final part of Red Rock Training's Dementia suite and will assist individuals to understand "person centred care" and its application as an approach when seeking to support or care for a person with a form of dementia.
As a result of completing the course, you will be better able to effectively assess the best approaches at various times and the importance of assessing the living environment, understanding:
- How to apply a person centred approach to personal care
- How to support individuals with dementia with specific aspects of their personal care
- How to support individuals with dementia at mealtimes
- the importance and the value of activities and how to use activities to support individuals with dementia
- How the living environment can affect a person’s behaviour and sense of well being
We are acutely aware that this is an emotive subject for a lot of people who may be looking after people with a form of dementia and we hope that it promotes an improved understanding of the various aspects of the condition and the potential effects different forms of dementia have on people and the reasons why.
We also hope that this information will help those looking after people with a form of dementia by re-enforcing existing thought processes and good practice or possibly helping to generate some new ideas that could be useful.