This programme considers the care planning processes which apply both in domiciliary care but also in other environments that you may come across when working within a wider healthcare setting.
As an area of work, the domiciliary care sector is a growth area for statutory and non-statutory care providers but regardless, all domiciliary care providers are regulated in line with the Health and Social Care Act 2008, so we will look particularly at the fundamental standards below which care provision should not fall and also explore issues surrounding risk assessments and safeguarding.
The topics we will therefore look at are as follows:
- Care planning
- Care assessments and care plans
- Planning Care
- Implementing the care plan
- Care management – review and change
- Risk assessment
- Risk assessment and care plans
- Assessing risks and hazards and implementing them into the care plan
- Carrying out a risk assessment
- Care planning and safeguarding