Consent is a principle that forms part of medical ethics and human rights law. It is needed regardless of the care/treatment involved and should be obtained before any care/treatment begins.
In this course, we will look at the various considerations surrounding consent (so that individuals have a clear understanding of the key elements that may affect their role or responsibilities).
The course therefore covers the following key elements:
- What is Consent
- UK Law and Consent
- The Need for Consent
- How Capacity is Assessed
- Advance Decisions and Power of Attorney
- Consent and Life-sustaining Treatments
- Vulnerable Adults and Consent
- Responding to Requests or Questions
- Children, Young Adults and Consent