At a time when the UK has been dubbed a “mental health time bomb”, increasing pressure is being applied to ensure that the potential crisis is not only acknowledged, but that also, appropriate action is taken to both raise awareness to the issues faced by children and adults and also ensure that improvements are made that enable intervention and preventative measures to offer a more consistent approach to the treatment of mental health conditions.
Mental health issues can affect anyone and as a result, it is important to ensure individuals and professionals alike are aware of the key elements of this important topic. This Level 2 CPD accredited programme therefore seeks to explain the following:
- mental health and mental ill-health
- the legal and protection frameworks
- the different mental health conditions
- mental health and substance misuse (Dual Diagnosis)
- the ways the recovery process can be supported